Table of Contents
What is UploadOcean?
UploadOcean is a free cloud file storage service that pays you when your files are downloaded or when a user purchases a premium account. Essentially it’s a Pay Per Download (PPD) website, but the visitors don’t have to complete a survey in order to download your files. This means you won’t earn as much per download as you would with a typical PPD site, but you will receive a lot more downloads. You may earn upwards of $21.00 USD per 1000 downloads. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Uploading & Storage
You may upload 5 files at a time between 1KB – 4GB per file. Free accounts are only given 10GB of storage space. You can organize your files into folders, publish/unpublish them and export them. Files do expire after 30 days of inactivity.
Remote URL Upload: Enter up to 5 URLs that link to files to have them transferred to UploadOcean. (http://domain.com/files.zip)
Copy Files: Copy files from another UploadOcean account.
FTP: Use their FTP servers to remotely upload your files.
Files are given unlimited bandwidth & downloads, but the speed is throttled to 250KB/sec for free accounts.
Earn 10% commission of all referrals’ earnings. There are some referral banners you can use on your websites/blogs.
Earn 50% of premium account purchases and rebills. You may also require users to have premium accounts to download certain files.
You can request a withdrawal at anytime your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount. You may also use your current earnings to upgrade your account to premium.
The payout rates are based on the visitor’s country. Visitors must completely download the file for it to count and can’t be using a proxy.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 complete downloads*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $10.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $10.00)
3. Bitcoin (Minimum: $10.00)
4. Webmoney (Minimum: $10.00)
5. Neteller (Minimum: $10.00)
6. Epese (Minimum: $10.00)
7. Capitalist(Minimum: $10.00)
8. PhonePe (Minimum: $10.00)
9. ZebPay (Minimum: $10.00)
10. Paytm Cash (Minimum: $10.00)
11. Mobikwik Money (Minimum: $10.00)
12. Freecharge Money (Minimum: $10.00)
13. Oxygen Wallet (Minimum: $10.00)
14. TransferWise (Minimum: $10.00)
15. Pockets (Minimum: $10.00)
16. Bank [India] (Minimum: $10.00)
Pros and Cons
- Has the essential features: stats, direct uploading, FTP etc.
- Great payout rates.
- Files can be as large as 4GB.
- Many payout methods.
- Easy sign-up and website looks nice.
- Unlimited file bandwidth.
- Can earn money when a visitor purchases a premium account.
- Can set files to be premium only.
- Can create folders for organization.
- Low minimum withdrawal amount.
- Choose between PPD (100%), PPS (50%) or both at 30% of earnings each.
- Free accounts only have 10GB of storage space.
- Download speed for free visitors limited to 250KB/sec. (Very slow)
- Site navigation can be confusing and annoying.
- Lower referral commission rate than normal.
- Files expire after 30 days of inactivity (downloads).
- Looks like a clone of Userscloud.
If you’re confident your files will be downloaded frequently enough to prevent deletion, then I would recommend trying them. The fact that you can upgrade your account with your earnings is a very nice feature that I wish more websites had. Keep in mind, that your files should be kept as small as possible because speed is throttled to 250KB/sec. This is a very slow speed, especially when downloading large files and some visitors may just cancel the download completely.
- You’ll need to create a UploadOcean account, click here to register.
- Decide how you want to earn money, PPD, PPS or a mix of both. You can either earn 100% from Downloads, 50% from premium sales or 30% from each.
- Now figure out what kind of files you’ll be uploading and sharing. Be sure no files violate their terms of service, copyright or other posted rules. You can upload files such as: your software, videos, guides and more.
- Now you just need to share your files with as many people as possible. It’s recommended to use use social media sites, YouTube, SEO etc.
- (Optional) Shrink your download links with a URL shortener such as Bit.ly, because some people may not click the link if they see a UploadOcean URL. You may also shrink the download link with your favorite paying URL shortener to earn more.