Table of Contents
What is Short.es?
Short.es is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Short.es to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://short.es/PSCHG“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Short.es’ statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there. Their stats take a while to update from what I’ve tested.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life and there’s a selection of referral banners to use.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Visitors don’t have to disable ad-blocking programs to use your links. (They don’t seem to count as a view if ad-block is enabled)
- You can purchase advertising from the same account. (Not sure how reliable it is and would highly advise against doing so.)
- Easy sign-up and site navigation.
- Stats take 10+ minutes to update.
- Visitors will have to complete a captcha to get to the countdown timer.
- Pop-up attempt after disabling ad-block and using the link.
- To shorten a link, you have to click a small button in the bottom right of the screen. This button only appears when you’re on the dashboard page.
- Again, like most of these “clone” sites, they only let you select PayPal as your processor, but have text referencing Payza/Coinbase etc.
- Same poor color choices as Short.am (their other clone site). Same text/mistakes as it seems they basically copy/pasted the whole website but just tweaked the background colors.
- Fake “Testimonials” on their homepage unless everyone who testified works for example.com. I would assume that their “Total clicks” and other stats are also fake.
Don’t use this website, there are so many better options out there. There’s not much more to say here, these “clone” websites are poorly designed and barely functional. I’m sure they all fake their stats or at the very least shouldn’t be trusted with any personal information.
- You’ll need to create an Short.es account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Short.es link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Short.es link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.