Table of Contents
What is Shink.in?
Shink.in is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Shink.in to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://shink.in/oyMDK“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening & Customization
Shink.in allows you to set your own custom Alias for your URLs and even gives you the permission to set a password for your links.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script / Entry Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website. Entry script shows the advertisement on visitors that enter your site.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
WordPress Plugin: An easy way to monetize your WordPress websites.
dlvr.it Integration: Your content will be published with a shink.in link redirecting to it automatically.
Shink.in gives its users detailed statistics that are updated quite frequently. You can view how many impressions you’ve received and how much money you’ve made.
Get paid once your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount for the payment processor you’ve chosen.
You get 10% of every referral’s earnings for life. They also offer referral banners for you to use on your website/blog/pages.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Stylish, easily navigable website.
- Easy sign-up process.
- Support tickets.
- Good selection of tools.
- Rates aren’t great.
- Visitors have to disable ad-block and complete a captcha/check a captcha box to get redirected.
- When I try shrinking a link, I get stuck on a blank-white page. I have to refresh it once, then go back to get my link to shrink. (This may just be a bug on my end or an extension causing this)
I had never heard of this service, so I didn’t expect much going in, but I was pleasantly surprised with what I found at first. The website looks sharp, the selection of tools is larger than most and they use support tickets. Visitors have to disable ad-block to view your links, which could annoy most people and cause them to avoid your links. The rates for Shink.in aren’t that great either, but that alone shouldn’t keep you from trying their service out for yourself. The websites Fas.li and Shink.in seem to be owned/operated by the same people and their sites are nearly identical. Fas.li’s rates are significantly higher, so I would suggest trying it before trying Shink.in.
- You’ll need to create an Shink.in account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Shink.in link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Shink.in link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.