Table of Contents
What is p.pw?
p.pw is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay p.pw to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://p.pw/baj98l“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
You can add a custom name, title and description to your links only after you have made them. Just click the pencil icon by your shortened links.
Multishrink: Lets you shrink many URLs at once.
Full Page Script / Entry Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website. Displays an ad to visitors entering your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Google Analytics: Allows you to use Google Analytics to track visitors.
Browser App: A button that you drag to your browser’s toolbar for easy link-shrinking.
You may advertise with p.pw from the same account by switching from “publisher” to “advertiser”.
p.pw’s statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there.
Payments will be sent once your balance reaches the minimum set by the payment processor you’ve chosen.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life. You can even select some referral banners to use on your websites/blogs.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- No pop-ups or malicious ads on interstitial page.
- No captcha to solve in order to reach destination URL.
- Ad-block users don’t have to disable it to use your links. I couldn’t test whether or not they count ad-block users because they don’t count your own views from what I can tell. They explain how they count a view in their FAQ, but say nothing about ad-block or your own views.
- Very nice looking website.
- Easily navigable menus.
- Start out with $1 balance. (not sure if this is a glitch or not)
- No link organization and very little customization. The customization should be available as your shrink the link, not after.
- Once payment method. They have some text saying Payoneer’s minimum is $10.00, but have no option to select it as your payment processor.
- You may have to wait 6 hours for your stats to update.
- Their forums don’t work.
- Low payout rates.
You’re probably better off using a more popular and trusted URL shortener. There’s nothing terrible about p.pw, but it just doesn’t compare to the other shorteners out there. I would rank it somewhere in the middle of the shorteners that I’ve already reviewed.
- You’ll need to create an p.pw account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your p.pw link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a p.pw link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.