Table of Contents
What is Oke.io?
Oke.io is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Oke.io to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://oke.io/l4axS“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
The link shortening capabilities are very limited, you paste a long URL and get a shortened link with ads back. There are no fancy bells or whistles here, no customization that I can see and no organizational systems in place like folders.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 100 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link from your browser without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Bookmarklet: Create a shortened link of the website/page you’re currently viewing.
Oke.io gives its users detailed statistics that are updated frequently. You can view your average CPM and how many clicks your links have received.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor at any time. Your withdrawals will then be reviewed and then declined or approved for payment.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life. They also offer referral banners for you to use on your website/blog/pages.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Skrill (Minimum: $5.00)
3. Bitcoin (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up and website navigation.
- Website is very well designed and user friendly.
- Shrinking links is very easy and fast.
- Ad-block users can still access your links, this is also listed as a con below.
- Easy for users to get to your destination link, the timer is only around 5 seconds long and the captcha is simple.
- Pop-up appeared once when clicking the “GET LINK” button to proceed to the destination URL.
- Users can proceed through the link with ad-block enabled but you won’t earn anything.
- No link organization or customization to be found.
- Can’t change how your links handle ad-block users or which ad types to display.
- Not many ways to withdraw your earnings.
- Website still feels very new and in need of crucial features.
I am pleased by the website’s design and user friendly layout, but I feel as though they are lacking vital features that other URL shorteners offer. Oke.io feels very new and if they add features like link customization and organization I will edit this review accordingly. In their current state I would not be able to recommend them over other services like Shorte.st or Adf.ly.
- You’ll need to create an Oke.io account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Oke.io link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to disguise your link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.