Table of Contents
What is LinkShrink?
LinkShrink is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their shortened links. It works likes this, advertisers pay LinkShrink to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://linkshrink.net/7G9PW0“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening, Organization & Customization
LinkShrink allows you to shrink links, organize them into folders, change the intermediate page title and even make a custom URL for the small link.
Multi Shrink: Allows you to shrink up to 30 links at a time, and even organize those links into a custom folder.
Quick Shrink: Allows you to shrink a link without needing to be logged in to their website or even on their site at all.
Custom Link: Lets you customize the link’s URL and intermediate page title, you can also do this to previously shrunk links by editing them.
Website Script: Generates a script for you to monetize your websites/blogs traffic easily. They offer Full page scripts, entry scripts and exit scripts.
API: A tool offered to developers to easily shrink their links without needing to be logged in.
As with most URL shortening services, the statistics that LinkShrink offers are good. The graph/stats are updated once ever 1-2 minutes according to the site. You can even see your top countries to better market towards them.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life. They offer referral banners that you can use on your websites/blogs/pages.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
United Arab Emirates
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
3. Bitcoin (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Good website design- easy to navigate and understand.
- Offers tutorial videos to help new users get started. (on FAQ page)
- Folders to organize your links is a big plus.
- Good link customization.
- Adequate selection of tools.
- Nice statistics that allow you to see your top countries.
- Could use some more payment methods.
- Rates shown aren’t great, their top one being Kuwait.
- Had to press the continue button twice, each time my pop-up blocker blocked a pop-up. This would cause most people to avoid clicking any of your links.
LinkShrink would be a solid option for a URL shortener, if it wasn’t for the two pop-up attempts when clicking the continue button, and having to press it twice. Unfortunately, I personally would try other URL shorteners before settling on this one. As with all URL shorteners, it’s good to know where the bulk of your visitors are from, and to find a shortener whose rates suit your needs.
- You’ll need to create a LinkShrink account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and hit “Shrink”. Copy and share the link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your LinkShrink link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a LinkShrink link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.