Table of Contents
What is Linkbucks?
Linkbucks is a paying URL shortening service that turns long URLs into shorter ones and pays you when they’re clicked. Linkbucks can shrink a link from this: “https://incomeredefined.com/shorte-st-review-make-money-online-sharing-links” to this “http://www.linkbucks.com/Aob5V“. You select your Ad Type, pick your desired “Alias” URL, share the link and start earning. If you’re interested, you can Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening and Customization
Linkbucks can be used when linking to family friendly websites as well as Adult (18+) related websites. When creating a new link, you are presented with a few useful options. You can select the “Ad Type” between: Intermission, Pop Under or Short Link (no ads). Next the page’s content must be either clean for all ages or Adult only. Last, you can choose the “Alias URL” that will determine how your link will be displayed. ex: www.linkbucks.com/Altnu > miniurls.co/Altnu
Multiple Link Shrinker: Allows the user to copy a page’s HTML and paste it in, it will then generate a new page for you with all new shortened links.
Full Page Script: The user adds a some code to their site and it will turn every link on their site into a paid Linbucks link.
Visit Script: When someone visits your site, it will direct them to an ad and send them back to your website.
Advertise your site/content with Linkbucks. There’s a minimum deposit of $20.00 USD required before you can start your first advertising campaign. You can read more about their advertising on their site.
Linkbucks offers you easy to read and understand link statistics. The values are updated in real-time or as close to it as possible.
Every person you refer earns you 20% of their earnings. If they refer someone you will also receive a small percentage of their referral’s earnings. Exactly how much you receive isn’t specified as far as I can tell.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $10.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: N/A)
3. Bitcoin (Minimum: N/A)
Proof of Earnings
Pros and Cons
- Easy to sign-up, use and navigate the website.
- They do give a brief explanation of their features.
- Has been around for a while and is used by a fair number of people.
- Fast statistics updates. (This may get slower the more traffic your links receive)
- Has a semi-active forums.
- Adequate tools/features
- Has been around for a very long time, but is still in “beta”.
- The website’s scheme/layout hasn’t changed too much and could use a touch-up.
- As I’ve said, it has been in beta and doesn’t look to have changed much in a long time. I’m not sure why the developers have kept it in beta/alpha for so long, checking their news section on the forums reveals not much of anything.
- Pop under links don’t appear to function properly.
- Poorly moderated ad content. I noticed on one click for a link that was supposed to be “Clean” the ad was for a pornographic website. A couple other ads seemed malicious or just plain annoying with loud beeping or music.
I would suggest that you try out many URL shorteners and use the one you like the most. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend this one over one like AdFly because Linkbucks feels almost abandoned, or at least it doesn’t have many active developers and designers which would account for it being in beta still. They should also do a better job ensuring the advertised content matches the content you select for your links as well as keeping malicious ads from appearing. Links with the pop-under ad type don’t seem to work either at the time of writing this. Because of these reasons I cannot personally recommend using Linkbucks – if they fix/update their services I will update this review/recommendation accordingly.
- First you’ll need to create a Linkbucks account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Choose your advertisement type, page content, “Alias” URL and shrink the link. Share it and earn money.
- (Optional) Shrink your Linkbucks link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Linkbucks link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll recieve.