Table of Contents
What is Link-Earn?
Link-Earn is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Link-Earn to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://iill.org/QZ714k“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening & Customization
Link-Earn lets you choose the shortened link’s domain and set a custom alias.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Link-Earn’s statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
United Arab Emirates
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
3. WebMoney (Minimum: $5.00)
4. Bank Transfer (Minimum: $5.00)
5. Coinbase (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Account creation was a breeze.
- Website’s easy to use and navigate.
- Has the “standard” tool selection.
- Visitors don’t have to disable ad-block to get past the timers/captcha. (Read first con)
- No pop-up/pop-under attempts.
- Can request a payment anytime.
- It appears that visitors using ad-block software don’t count. (I could be wrong and the stats just took a little longer to update)
- Rate for U.S. supposed to be $5.00, when I clicked my own link I only earned $3.20. This could mean that the rates aren’t up-to-date or that they lower the rate when you click your own link.
- Have to solve a captcha just to be redirected to a 10 second countdown timer.
- Area where you enter your withdrawal information is poorly designed and confusing.
- Very similar website template as sites like Shink.in/Fas.li etc. I’m about to just replace this website with that template as well seeing as it’s so popular.
While there’s nothing inherently “wrong” with Link-Earn, I do feel like there are plenty of better URL shorteners available. Link-Earn, in the state it’s in as of writing this, shouldn’t be your first choice when looking for a good, paying URL shortener. I feel as though Link-Earn has quite a ways to go before they can compete with the more popular shorteners. I’d like to see a way to switch between allowing ad-block users and blocking them added in the future. Link-Earn is neither bad nor particularly good so feel free to try them out for yourself.
- You’ll need to create an Link-Earn account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Link-Earn link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Link-Earn link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.