Table of Contents
What is FilesCDN?
FilesCDN is a free file storage service that pays you when your files are downloaded. Essentially it’s a Pay Per Download (PPD) website, but the visitors don’t have to complete a survey in order to download your files. This means you won’t earn as much per download as you would with a typical PPD site, but you will receive a lot more downloads. You may earn upwards of $20.00 USD per 1000 downloads. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Uploading & Storage
You may upload 50+ files at a time with no file size cap. Free accounts are given unlimited storage space as well. Files 50MB+ will expire if they don’t receive a download within 30 days of the last download. You can organize your files into folders, publish/unpublish them and export them.
Remote URL Upload: Enter up to 7 URLs that link to files to have them transferred to FilesCDN. (http://domain.com/files.zip)
Clone: Copy files from another FilesCDN account.
Files are given unlimited bandwidth & downloads. Download speed does appear to be throttled at around 100kb/s.
Customizable File Settings
You are given control of many great file settings such as: showing download count, download button, date uploaded, mp3/video player for users to preview files and more. You can also choose whether or not to have the players auto play on page load.
Earn 15% commission of all referrals’ earnings. There are some referral banners you can use on your websites/blogs.
You can request a withdrawal at anytime your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount. Alternatively, you may turn on automatic payments which you can also customize the frequency of.
The payout rates are based on the visitor’s country. Visitors must completely download the file for it to count and can’t be using a proxy.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 complete downloads*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
3. Webmoney (Minimum: $5.00)
4. Perfect Money (Minimum: $5.00)
5. Amazon Gift Card (Minimum: $5.00)
6. Bitcoin (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up.
- Unlimited files size and storage space.
- Can upload many files at a time.
- Great organization system, can easily move many files into / out of folders.
- High payout rates.
- Can edit file / landing page settings.
- Files under 50MB don’t expire.
- Website navigation is very bad and confusing. Trying to find the area to withdraw a payment took way longer than it needed to. (It’s the “affiliate panel” button which only appears on certain pages and is on the white secondary nav bar.)
- Contradictory information, as is common with websites like this, for whatever reason. (ex. Some text says files never expire and other text says files over 50MB expire after 30 days.)
- Typos that would make the grammar Gods weep and leave the reader scratching their head in confusion. Not sure how 80% of these aren’t spotted immediately. On their “Features” page alone you have these gems:
“Registereds”, “Unlimtited”, “Our team are 24/7 ready to help you…”.
File speed is throttled to what amounts to a crawl. Unless your files are under 50MB, or your visitors love waiting 10 months to download a file, good luck getting a large amount of downloads.
FilesCDN wouldn’t be a bad choice if your files are relatively small. The typos, grammar, and site navigation design make the website feel unprofessional. This also makes the site feel more unsafe, because if they can’t catch a spelling error, how could you expect them to catch a security threat? I definitely wouldn’t recommend backing up important files with FilesCDN, if you’re interested in using them, use them purely as a PPD service.
- You’ll need to create a FilesCDN account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of files you’ll be uploading and sharing. Be sure no files violate their terms of service, copyright or other posted rules. You can upload files such as: your software, videos, guides and more.
- Now you just need to share your files with as many people as possible. It’s recommended to use use social media sites, YouTube, SEO etc.
- (Optional) Shrink your download links with a URL shortener such as Bit.ly, because some people may not click the link if they see a FilesCDN URL. You may also shrink the download link with your favorite paying URL shortener to earn more.