Table of Contents
What is DollarUpload?
DollarUpload is a PPI (Pay-Per-Install) and PPD (Pay-Per-Download) network meaning every time someone downloads your files or installs your software, you get paid. DollarUpload pays anywhere from $0.20 – $20.00+ USD per download depending on where they live. In order for the user to download your file they will have to fill out a short survey with their personal information. You can monetize both mobile and desktop traffic. They also have a large variety of other monetization tools and methods to maximize your profits as well as some unique rewards. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
File Uploader and Locking
Users are allowed to upload files up to 200MB in size and locks the file behind a survey / offer wall. Users can change the file’s mirror, customize the locker, shrink the link and also download the file for yourself without doing a survey.
The link locker is a tool that allows you to lock any download link you wish to from any website. This is great if your file exceeds the 200MB file size limit and you don’t want to password protect your file. (If they have the download link to the file, that isn’t the link generated by the link locker, they will be able to download the file without doing the survey) This tool can also be used to lock hyperlinks to restricted / premium content areas of a website or to different websites entirely.
Gateways allow the user to lock areas of their website behind a survey / offer wall. Once the link is clicked the offers will pop-up informing the user that he/she will have to complete a survey to unlock that area of the website.
Offers and Optimization
DollarUpload allows users to see most if not all of their current offers that would normally be displayed when they would try to unlock your content. Users can also see statistics for the offers such as conversion rate and payout. Users can also get a personal link to the offer and share their link however they see fit and earn a commission if the offer is completed by someone. DollarUpload also allows users the ability to select their own offers to display, manually.
Pay Per Install
This feature allows users to upload their software and get paid every time someone installs that software and they don’t have to do any surveys. While this sounds good, there are some drawbacks, being that the user is given a choice of Apps to install in addition to your software. I’m sure DollarUpload tries their best to make sure no malicious programs slip through, it is impossible to guarantee the safety of your customers if you decide to use this system. It’s also impossible to control how these “optional installations” are presented to the user: is it in fine print and hard to see / read, is it a bunch of annoying check boxes the user will need to click through or will the additional software be hidden unless the user goes through the “Custom/Advanced Installation”?
For every $1 generated in an invoice the user gets 1 point to be used in the rewards program – the user can also perform a few simple tasks like sharing earnings on twitter to earn extra points. These points can be spent on real items varying from a PS4 to an Amazon Fire TV. Of course these rewards cost quite a lot of points, the cheapest starting at 1100 points, but it is a nice bonus addition that they didn’t need to add.
DollarUpload’s referral system allows you to earn 3% of what your affiliates earn. You can even set up a welcome email message to be sent to them once they sign up.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $10.00)
2. International Wire Transfer (Minimum: $500.00)
- Debit Card (Minimum: $10.00)
- Global Bank Transfer (Minimum: $10.00)
4. Direct Deposit [ACH] (Minimum: $100.00)
5. Bitcoin (Minimum: $10.00)
6. Amazon Gift Card (Minimum: $10.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up and no approval process.
- Large file size limit. (200MB)
- Many customization tools for your content.
- Offers many features to help monetize your content efficiently.
- Varied payout methods to suit everyone’s needs.
- Statistics for just about every feature.
- Easy site navigation.
- There’s no help / instructions for using features like the Offer Wall, Gateways etc.
- The website and member interface needs an update and some grammar fixes.
- The website’s current condition doesn’t feel professional.
- No forums. (That I could find)
DollarUpload is a fine way to monetize your files or software. The many features that they have available to their users is very nice and the customization is good. Unfortunately, due to the website’s flaws and current condition I can’t recommend it over other PPD websites such as ShareCash. If you need a PPI platform for your software this may be the answer to your problems, but as far as PPD networks are concerned, I recommend ShareCash or looking elsewhere. I truly hope that the cons listed above are fixed because I definitely see potential here.
- You’ll need to create an account, click here to register.
- Now you will need to figure out your niche and find something that you’ll want to monetize. (More on choosing a niche below.)
- Now you need to figure out who your target audience is going to be and how you’re going to reach them. (More on promoting your content below)
- Have you got all of that figured out? Great! Now it’s time to decide how you will present your content / links to your audience. It is usually recommended to make a website or blog to advertise your files and links instead of sharing direct links from something like a video’s description.
- (Optional, but recommended in most cases) Making a website can be tricky for beginners and can cost some money if you buy hosting and a domain name. However, there are free website builders / hosting that make things easier such as: Blogger, Weebly and Webs to name a few.
Choosing Your Niche
A niche is just a subject or area where one’s skills are best suited for. This is critical if you want to succeed on any PPD network. Imagine you are one of the best programmers in the industry and decide you want to make some extra money with a PPD network. People are more likely to complete a survey to download your programming files/tutorials than if you were just some random beginner. Now this doesn’t mean if you don’t have specialty skills like in the example that you can’t succeed on a PPD network, it means you’ll just have to spend more time finding and perfecting your niche.
When looking for a Niche, it is important to pick something that people actively search for and want. You can use free tools like Google’s Keyword Planner Tool to find out if our niche is in demand. The more popular your niche, the more competition you’re likely to have and the harder it will be to get your site ranked well by search engines.
Here are just a few examples of niches that people use, just to give you some ideas. Please note that these niche’s most likely are overcrowded and we don’t support or condone any illegal activities.
- Writing eBooks about various subjects (game guides, tutorials, how-to’s, etc).
- Creating & uploading your own software.
- Keygens / Cracks for various popular software.
- Video game cheat codes.
- Password protecting torrents and uploading the password to PPD networks.
Promoting Your Content
There are many ways to go about promoting your content and driving viewers to your websites and download links. It is important to know your target audience and how you’re going to reach them. The most popular ways of getting your links out there are: Video Sharing Sites (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc), Forums, Torrents and Social Media.
Once you know how you’re going to reach them, it’s time to set up how you’re going to get them to even consider downloading your content – especially if it’s locked behind a survey wall. My recommendation here is to set up a website of some kind, it can be a free website / blog such as blogger or weebly. Make it look as professional as you can and create some pages for your content. If it looks like you’ve put more effort into it, users will be much more likely to complete a survey for your content.