Table of Contents
What is Clicksfly?
Clicksfly is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Clicksfly to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “https://clk.icu/CustomLinkAlias“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Bookmarklet: A tool for your browser’s toolbar that allows you to create a shortened link from whatever site you’re on with a simple click.
Clicksfly’ statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there. You can even see your average CPM based on each visitor’s location, which can be handy when targeting high-earning locations. The stats update very frequently.
You can create an advertising campaign directly from the dashboard without needing to make a new account like most other URL shorteners have you do. You have the option of creating a banner campaign or a popup campaign.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life and there’s a selection of referral banners to use.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $3.00)
2. Bitcoin (Minimum: $10.00)
3. Payeer (Minimum: $10.00)
4. Payoneer [2% fee] (Minimum: $50.00)
5. Bank Transfer (Minimum: $50.00)
6. Paytm [India] (Minimum: $3.00)
7. Tez UPI / BHIM UPI / PhonePe UPI [India] (Minimum: $3.00)
8. MobiCash / JazzCazh [Pakistan] (Minimum: $10.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign up and site navigation.
- Many withdrawal methods.
- Has the basic features and tools and even the ability to create an ad campaign from the same account.
- They are/were running a deal for YouTubers who created videos about their website offering $1 per 1000 views up to 100,000 views. It’s unclear if they still offer this.
- Visitors must to disable their adblock to use your links, there’s no way to change this currently.
- The shortened link has that annoying “This site wants to show you notifications, Allow / Block” popup.
- After disabling adblock, the link is covered in ads, some that resemble fake buttons to bait clicks and the real continue button is actually integrated in an ad in a way that seems like a very scummy way to, again, bait clicks.
- Once you solve the captcha and click the continue button, you still have to wait ~8 seconds to click the “get link” button to finally get to the destination URL.
- My pop-up blocker stopped around 5 pop-ups from the shortened link.
After seeing how troublesome it was to actually get through Clicksfly’s shortened link, I cannot recommend using them. I could easily see most visitors either never clicking links on your site again and/or leaving your site entirely. Considering you can purchase pop-up ads from their site, it’s clear they don’t have the the best intentions for their users/visitors as malicious sites could easily hurt unprotected devices. So unless you’re looking for something like this, just stay away.
- You’ll need to create an Clicksfly account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Clicksfly URL with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Clicksfly URL – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.