Table of Contents
What is Al.ly?
Al.ly is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Al.ly to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://ally.sh/otFeG“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening | Customization | Organization
Al.ly gives you a lot of ways to truly customize your shortened links. First off, you may select choose from these ad types: Interstitial, Direct, Frame or Splash. Al.ly offers the ability to Geo target your visitors. You can also set a password for your link, enter a custom alias, and give it a description. For organizing your links, you can create “Bundles” which act as folders, allowing you to manage your links easier. You can also make bundles public, allowing people to see the links inside.
Multiple Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 10 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Comment Monetizer: Earn money from comments on your blog or website.
Bookmarklet: Create a shortened link of the website/page you’re currently viewing.
Al.ly gives its users detailed statistics that are updated in real time. You can view how many clicks you’ve received and how much money you’ve made. They also have a map that shows which countries most of your visitors are from. On top of this, there’s a “Recent Activities” area that will tell you where your visitors were referred from, which is very useful.
You can also advertise with Al.ly on their interstitial ads, $1.00 for 1000 views. Each visitor you will purchase from al.ly will meet the following criteria:
– Unique within a 24 hours time frame
– They will have Cookies enabled
– Must view your website for at least 5 seconds
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life. They also offer referral banners for you to use on your website/blog/pages.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $1.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $1.00)
3. Skrill (Minimum: $1.00)
4. Payoneer (Minimum: $20.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up and website navigation.
- Can withdraw anytime.
- Views from the same visitor are counted multiple times.
- Amazing link customization options.
- Great link organization
- The statistics and analytics tools are very nice.
- Website looks nice.
- Visitors have to disable Ad-block and go through two countdown timers.
- Pop-up attempt on first countdown timer.
- A few minor grammatical errors.
I am very impressed with Al.ly. I do wish that they would remove the pop-ups when going through the first timer. Other than that I can’t really see any reason why you wouldn’t give their service a try right now. The fact that multiple views from the same visitor are counted balances out their lower payout rates, in my opinion. The sheer amount of customization options, analytics and tools that they offer really surprised me. I highly recommend giving Al.ly a try if you’re looking for a decent, paying URL shortener.
- You’ll need to create an Al.ly account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Al.ly link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Al.ly link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.