Table of Contents
What is Adyou.me?
Adyou.me is a paid URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay adyou.me to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://adyou.me/fjaF“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening | Customization | Management
Adyou.me allows you to choose between Interstitial Ads, Top Banner or no advertisement. Additionally, you can give your links a title and/or password protect them. On the managing side, you can search your links by shortened/destination URL title or sort them based on views/earnings.
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 100 URLs at a time.
Easy Shrink: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in. You can even change ad types.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website and you can even select the ad type for the new links.
Bookmark Script: Lets you create a shortened link of your current page without needing to leave the page.
You can advertise your website/products with adyou.me by simply switching from Publisher to Advertiser. (See cons)
Adyou.me gives its users detailed statistics that are updated quite frequently. You can view how many views you’ve received, how much money you’ve made and your average CPM.
You get 5% of every referral’s earnings for life.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $N/A)
2. Payza (Minimum: $N/A)
3. Vodafone (Minimum: $N/A)
4. Skrill (Minimum: $N/A)
5. WebMoney (Minimum: $N/A)
6. Neteller (Minimum: $N/A)
7. Payoneer (Minimum: $N/A)
8. Bitcoin (Minimum: $N/A)
Pros and Cons
- Sign-up was easy and the website is easy to navigate.
- You can sort your links by how many views/money they’ve earned you and even search for links you’ve made by typing in the shortened link or the destination URL.
- Many withdrawal options.
- Can change your link’s ad type.
- Stats are adequate and combined with being able to sort links based on earnings, publishers will be able to maximize their profits.
- Good selection of tools and customization for said tools.
- Can advertise your content using the same account.
- Has a forums and live chat.
- Had to disable ad-block to get past Interstitial Ad.
- Some pop-up attempts while proceeding to the destination URL.
- Some ads look like the skip ad button to trick visitors into clicking them.
- Rates aren’t that great, but better if your visitors live in/near the Middle East.
- Only 5% of referral earnings.
- Couldn’t log in to the forums.
- Couldn’t switch to advertiser without the entire site crashing/breaking for me. I had to re-launch my Chrome browser just to get back on the website. Tried Firefox and was met with the same results.
Compared to the majority of paying URL shorteners that I’ve reviewed, adyou.me is definitely a breath of fresh air. I do wish that visitors with ad-block would still be able to use your links without disabling. I feel that the pros outweigh the cons (mostly), I haven’t seen a shortening service offer so many withdrawal options before. Adyou.me has almost anything you could ask for, advertising capability, tools, customization and link management. However, I cannot ignore the fact that I couldn’t switch to Advertiser without the entire site breaking. Not being able to log in to their forums and the strange little message when I tried to do not do the site any favors either. So I’d only recommend this site if you feel the payout rates match up better with your average visitor’s location. If that majority of your traffic isn’t from the Middle East, then perhaps try another URL shortener before trying this one.
- You’ll need to create an adyou.me account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your adyou.me link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is an adyou.me link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.