Table of Contents
What is AdFoc.us?
AdFoc.us is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay AdFoc.us to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “https://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://adfoc.us/4201501“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Multiple Shrinker: Lets you shrink many URLs at a time.
Site Link Shortener: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Google Analytics: Allows you to use Google Analytics to track visitors.
Custom Domain: Change your domain’s DNS settings to use it for your short links insdead of adfoc.us.
You may create a new campaign from one account to advertise your content.
AdFoc.us’s statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor and your earnings will be available for withdrawal request on or after the 7th day of the month.
You get 20% of every referral’s earnings for life.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $10.00)
2. Bitcoin (Minimum: $10.00)
Pros and Cons
- Visitors using ad-block still count.
- Multiple visits from the same IP count, although the payout rate is lower.
- Website is easily navigable.
- Can advertise from the same account.
- No pop-up attempts.
- Rates aren’t terrible.
- Getting past the countdown timer was quite painless.
- Website is constantly timing out, it’s as if someone is flicking the on/off switch repeatedly.
- Forums is FULL of spam.
- Lack of any link customization or organization.
- Feels like this site has very few staff members to moderate forums or to stop the time outs.
- Two payout options and one is bitcoin.
- Did I mention the website will just time-out or take 10 minutes to load, randomly? Well it’s quite annoying so I’m putting it on this list twice.
Unless you like your websites to randomly stop working every 1-2 minutes then I would suggest you avoid this website entirely. Sure the payout rates aren’t bad and multiple visits still earn you money; but the headache you’ll get from dealing with the 502 errors isn’t worth it, trust me.
- You’ll need to create an AdFoc.us account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your AdFoc.us link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a AdFoc.us link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.