Table of Contents
What is AdFly?
AdFly is a paid URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay AdFly to promote their products, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/shorte-st-review-make-money-online-sharing-links” to “http://adf.ly/1magjS” and select what kind of advertisement to display (Interstitial, Banner or none). Then you share said link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live and which ad type you chose. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening Customization & Organization
AdFly gives the user the ability for the user to select the advertising type and allows you to create folders or give links custom names to organize them. Example Interstitial Ad: http://adf.ly/1j3ao0 | Example Banner Ad: http://adf.ly/1j3bJt. It’s important to note that the ads/countdown will be different for users using an Ad-blocker, but will still redirect them to the destination URL.
There are so many tools that listing them here would take up a lot of space. You can view the tools they offer by creating an account, logging in and going to the “Tools” section. They offer tools such as a mass URL shrinker, bookmarklet, entry scripts and pop ads as well as how to use/install them.
AdFly also allows you to advertise your own website / products and you don’t have to make a separate account. Simply switch from “Publisher” to “Advertiser” in the top right once you’ve logged in and then you can buy some traffic.
AdFly’s statistics are extremely handy when you need to track how well your links are doing. The stats aren’t updated in real-time, but they do update frequently every day. You can see how many views / visitors have clicked your links. Visitors tracks the unique number of people that view your links, one visitor might click the link a couple times increasing the number of Views but not the visitor count. Unique visitors give higher payouts than just views, so don’t expect one person who loves clicking AdFly links to make you rich.
Once you’ve earned a minimum of $5.00 you can withdraw your first payout. Payouts are sent at the first of every month, but if you earn $5.00 within a month you can be eligible for Daily payments.
AdFly now has another site all about sharing links containing adult/mature content at Adult.xyz.
You can get 20% of their earnings for life and if they buy advertising with AdFly you can earn a 5% commission on every advertising order they purchase. AdFly also gives you some referral banners to add to your site for free.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
You can view their rates Here. The rates are calculated daily, so you will need to check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payoneer (Minimum: $10.00)
Proof of Earnings & Payment
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up.
- Easy-to-use link shrinking system.
- Great organization options.
- Many tools to help publishers maximize their revenue.
- Automatic Payouts.
- Once of the most well known and trusted paid URL shortening service.
- Can advertise from the same account.
- Can monetize adult links with adult.xyz.
- Good link customization.
- People don’t like to sit through ads and may leave your site entirely.
- Harmful or malicious sites may slip under AdFly’s radar.
- People see an Adf.ly link and usually avoid them.
If you need to make some extra cash and have quite a few people that visit your site or click your links, then AdFly can definitely help. Don’t expect to earn a hundred dollars per day within your first week. AdFly offers so many tools that it’s worth checking out to see if any of them interest you (especially if you own your own websites). Combine that with the customization, ease-of-use and statistics and it’s easy to see why AdFly is used by so many. The payout rates for AdFly may not be the greatest, but when using AdFly you can expect a higher quality service than most competitors.
- You’ll need to create an AdFly account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Choose your advertisement type and shrink the link. Share it and earn.
- (Optional) Shrink your AdFly link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is an AdFly link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.