Table of Contents
What is Userscloud?
Userscloud is a free cloud file storage service that pays you when your files are downloaded. Essentially it’s a Pay Per Download (PPD) website, but the visitors don’t have to complete a survey in order to download your files. This means you won’t earn as much per download as you would with a typical PPD site, but you will receive a lot more downloads. You may earn upwards of $15.00 USD per 1000 downloads. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Uploading & Storage
You may upload 50 files at a time and as long as the file is between 1KB- 1GB it will never expire (Note: they contradict themselves and say 1KB – 500MB never expires). You have unlimited storage so you may upload as many files as you’d like. Userscloud also has a nice file managing system where you can create folders to organize your files.
File Upload: Upload a file directly from your computer to Userscloud.
Flash Upload: (Requires Adobe Flash) Uploads files using Flash. (There’s no other documentation on this so I may be wrong)
Remote URL Upload: Enter up to 50 URLs that link to files to have them transferred to Userscloud. (http://domain.com/files.zip)
Copy Files: Copy files from another Userscloud account.
FTP: Use their FTP servers to remotely upload your files.
Userscloud Desktop File Manager: Lets you upload/manage your files, works with Windows and Mac OS X.
Userscloud for Android: Let’s you upload/manage files from your Android phone.
Files have unlimited downloads with no download delays or captchas. They do have download-accelerator support and download resume. Download speeds are throttled for free users, but unlimited for premium users. You may force users to disable ad-block and limit their download speed.
Earn 30% commission of all referrals’ earnings.
Earn 70% of premium account purchases and rebills. You may also require users to have premium accounts to download certain files.
You can request a withdrawal at anytime or set up an automatic payment schedule.
The payout rates are based on the visitor’s country. I am not sure exactly how they count the download or what factors affect your earnings. The downloads don’t count if the user is running a proxy. Visitors must completely download the file for it to count.
*rates shown above are *probably* for every 1000 unique downloads – I couldn’t find information confirming or denying*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payoneer Prepaid Card (Minimum: $50.00)
3. Wire Transfer (Minimum: $200.00)
4. Bitcoin (Minimum: $5.00)
5. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
6. Perfect Money (Minimum: $5.00)
7. Webmoney (Minimum: $5.00)
8. Neteller (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Unlimited storage.
- Unlimited file size. Not sure if files over 500MB will expire or over 1GB. (You can just split them into multiple parts with WinRAR anyways)
- Unlimited downloads, no download delay or captchas.
- High payout rates (if they’re accurate).
- Many payment options.
- Site comes in ~8 languages.
- Automatic and manual withdrawals.
- Can make visitors disable AdBlock.
- Earn commission for premium sales/rebills.
- Quite a few grammar errors and typos. (The website comes in many languages, so the website isn’t translated perfectly)
- Download speed is throttled for new users. (Usually I can download around 1MB/sec, but was throttled to 300KB/sec)
- Site navigation can be difficult when you’re looking for specific options/information.
- Some users reported pop-ups or annoying ads being an issue.
- Site doesn’t feel professional due to spelling mistakes and grammar errors.
As long as your files aren’t very big, the throttling shouldn’t be much of an issue for your visitors. If this is the case then Userscloud can definitely be a great service for you to maximize your profits. As far as non-survey PPD services are concerned, Userscloud is a solid choice. They offer a lot of tools and features all at the low cost of free.
- You’ll need to create a Userscloud account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of files you’ll be uploading and sharing. Be sure no files violate their terms of service, copyright or other posted rules. You can upload files such as: your software, videos, guides and more.
- Now you just need to share your files with as many people as possible. It’s recommended to use use social media sites, YouTube, SEO etc.
- (Optional) Shrink your download links with a URL shortener such as Bit.ly, because some people may not click the link if they see a Userscloud URL. You may also shrink the download link with your favorite paying URL shortener to earn more.