Table of Contents
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a type of Points/Rewards website where users earn SwagBucks (SB) by completing simple tasks, such as: watching videos, filling out surveys or shopping. The SB that you earn can be redeemed for certain rewards such as Giftcards for Amazon/Starbucks, Charity donations, PayPal cash and more. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
You can earn SwagBucks (SB) by doing the following:
1. Shopping: Earn SB points for every dollar you spend at over 1500 retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and more. You may also have access to exclusive deals and coupons.
2. Surveys and Polls: Completing surveys and participating in polls will also earn you SB points.
3. Watch Videos: Watch some videos and playlists and earn SB, great way to get some points while doing something else.
4. Offers: Earn SB by signing up for the advertiser’s services or ordering free samples of their product(s). Some offers may require that you purchase a subscription or their product, so read everything carefully.
5. Searching: Using Swagbucks’ Yahoo powered search engine to browse the web can also net you a nice amount of SB, you may also set it as your default search engine for more points.
6. Playing Games: Play video games and/or make in-game purchases to earn SB points.
7. Mobile App: Use Swagbucks’ mobile app to watch videos, answer surveys and shop all while earning SB points.
8. Charity: Donate to charity and earn some SB points.
There are other ways to earn SB points, but these are the core tools you’ll most likely use to get started.
Swagbucks rewards users that put in the extra time to maximize earnings by giving them “bonus objectives”. There’s a daily point goal, that when met, rewards you with extra points. There’s also a daily to-do list that will give you some extra points when completed.
Swag Codes can also be “found” and redeemed for some additional points. There’s an extension you may download to be alerted when a new code is given, you may be required to check their other social media/blog posts to get the code.
Swagbucks hosts sweepstakes for you to spend your SB to buy entries into. The reward from these sweepstakes can vary from a $25 Amazon Gift card to a $1,000 giveaway.
Swago / Spin & Win
Swago is a game reminiscent of Bingo, each square has an action written inside, completing the action fills that square. Fill out your “Swago” board to earn spins as well as up to 500 bonus SB points. Spin & Win is a simple virtual wheel that you can spin to earn a random reward.
Earn a 10% commission of all referral’s earnings for life. There are some banners you may choose from to add to your website/page as well.
The payout rates below may not be completely accurate and are bound to fluctuate. Every 100 SB is worth around $1.00 USD. Please note that this isn’t a complete list, there are quite a few other ways to earn SB, this is just to give you an idea of how many points you can expect to earn per action.
Video Playlists (20 videos)
40-100 SB (random)
1-20 SB (random)
3 – 10 SB per $1.00 spent
up to 10 SB per day for Swagbucks’ games (random)
*random means you may or may not get points after completing a task*
Every 100 SB is equal to $1.00 USD. Cards can go on sale, so you can save some SB if you’re patient.
This isn’t a complete list of rewards.
1. PayPal Gift Card ($25 – $250)
2. Amazon Gift card ($3 – $500)
3. Walmart Gift Card ($5 – $250)
4. Target ($5 – $100)
5. Steam Wallet ($5 – $50)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign up.
- Many rewards to pick from.
- Can donate to charities and earn money, and/or donate SB to charities, which is awesome.
- Many ways to earn points.
- Loyalty rewards for dedicated users. (Daily goal / to-do list etc.)
- Sweepstakes and Spin & Win are nice additions to break up the monotony.
- Mobile App so you can earn while you’re out and about.
- Earn points by simply shopping on popular sites like Amazon, basically free cash back.
- Surveys aren’t difficult or particularly long.
- You can link your credit/debit card and when you use it at participating locations, you’ll earn some money
- Taking surveys doesn’t always give you the SB stated, instead you’ll receive 1 SB.
- Playing games or searching also don’t always reward you with SB.
- The Video section of their website was quite slow for me and caused the page to stop responding and crash. Try using a different browser if the same happens to you.
- SB seems to be rewarded randomly, which is a pretty big negative if you don’t want to buy things to earn points.
Swagbucks feels less like a way for users to earn free points/money and more of a cashback program. If you shop online frequently then I couldn’t see any reason why you shouldn’t try Swagbucks out and see if you can earn some points while you shop. If you want a site to earn some free cash / gift cards without spending money, I don’t feel as though Swagbucks is the right choice for that. If it wasn’t for the fact that SB points are given randomly per completed task, I would most likely change my recommendation.
- You’ll need to create a Swagbucks account, click here to register.
- Find a way to earn SB that you enjoy the most, watching videos, surveys and shopping are all pretty good places to start.
- Be sure to meet the Daily Goal and to complete the Daily To-Do list to earn bonus SB.
- Filling out your Swago board and playing Spin & Win can net you more points and giveaway entries.