Table of Contents
What is SPaste?
SPaste is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. They also have a text pasting/sharing feature that will encrypt your text, you will get paid when someone views your pastes. It works likes this, advertisers pay SPaste to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://www.spaste.com/s/sa9dGq“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Link Shortening & Text Pasting
There are two main features, the link shortener and the text pasting/encrypting tool. They both work very similar in that your visitors need to disable ad-block to view your links and you’ll get paid for their views. Example shortened link: http://www.spaste.com/s/sa9dGq | Example text paste: http://www.spaste.com/p/?c=hyjnGv8740
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API Scripts: Created so you may share your links and text much faster and easier.
SPaste’s statistics are very basic and updated fairly frequently.
According to their homepage, there’re automatic payments, or can also cash out anytime your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount.
You get 5% of every referral’s earnings for life.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
United Arab Emirates
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
3. Payoneer (Minimum: $20.00)
Pros and Cons
- Website looks pleasant.
- Two main features, link shortening and text pasting.
- Can request a payment anytime you meet the minimum amount.
- Moderate payout rates.
- No pop-ups or pop-unders when completing Captchas or clicking links that I saw.
- Sign-up required that you have a PayPal account, which you cannot change once you’ve made the account for some reason.
- Can’t edit any profile information from what I can tell.
- No link customization.
- Visitors have to disable ad-block AND complete a Captcha puzzle.
- Sometimes the destination link doesn’t even show up after the countdown ends.
- Many website typos and grammar mistakes.
- Website navigation could be improved greatly.
- The “Statistics” may be the worse I’ve seen yet, visually.
- Pastes are literally covered in ads…. piles and piles of ads.
I like the idea of being able to make money from pasting text or URLs, but SPaste executes the idea poorly. Shortened URLs wait until the user completes the Captcha before it informs them they have to disable ad-block. Even after completing the Captcha, you’re met with a countdown. Not to mention the mountain of ads and the chance the link won’t even appear. I would personally recommending just trying out other URL shortening services before trying SPaste. Maybe use a tool like Pastebin and just shorten the links to those with another shortening tool.
- You’ll need to create an SPaste account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your SPaste link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a SPaste link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.