Table of Contents
What is Petty Link?
Petty Link is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay Petty Link to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://petty.link/QD6t0Vi“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
Petty Link Features
Petty Link Tools
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
Bookmarklet: A tool for your browser’s toolbar that allows you to create a shortened link from whatever site you’re on with a simple click.
Petty Link’ statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much standard for every paying shortener out there. Their stats update fairly frequently.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 21% of every referral’s earnings for life and there’s a selection of referral banners to use.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Bitcoin (Minimum: $25.00)
3. Web Money (Minimum: $50.00)
4. Perfect Money (Minimum: $50.00)
5. Indian Bank Transfer (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign up and site navigation.
- Nice payout rates.
- Users with adblock can still use your links.
- No intrusive/malicious pop-up or pop-under ads that I could see.
- The ads shown were minimal and I didn’t notice any adult 18+ ads. (They forbid the use of their shortener on any adult related content)
- Site supports four languages.
- Adequate selection of payment processors with some low minimum withdrawal requirements.
- Can set custom aliases for your links.
- Website is using the same theme as the other “cloned” URL shorteners that have been reviewed on here.
- Site has some very small grammatical errors, indicative of websites that look like Petty Link.
- Some users may have to complete some very annoying CAPTCHAs to get to the destination URL.
Petty Link isn’t anything noteworthy, but it is better than quite few other shorteners I’ve reviewed. The payout rates are very nice and they do seem to be accurate from what I could test. I would say that it is worth giving it a try if you need a decent link shortener.
- You’ll need to create an Petty Link account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your Petty Link URL with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a Petty Link URL – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.