Some of the links found on this site may be Affiliate Links.
What is DropGalaxy?
DropGalaxy is a PPD website where you can earn money whenever someone downloads your files. Users will not have to complete any surveys so you don’t need to worry about that. DropGalaxy’s website is only just over 2 years old which is quite new compared to some other similar sites available. They claim you can earn up to $30 per 2000 downloads. If you’re interested, you can sign up here.
Uploading & Storage
Free Accounts: Given ~ 300GB of storage and 30GB of download traffic per day. Max file size is limited to ~ 5Gb per file. Files are deleted 30 days after the last download, meaning if your file doesn’t receive a download in 30 days it will be erased. Free downloaders will also have to sit through a 15 second wait timer.
Premium Accounts: ~$50 per month. Around 5TB of storage and 60GB of download bandwidth per day. Max file size is set to 40Gb per file. Files are deleted after 180 days of the last download.
Organization: You are given the ability to create folders to organize files with as well as the ability to copy and move individual files. It’s all quite basic and straight forward, but it’s effective enough.
Files are given 30GB of bandwidth for downloads per day for free users and 60Gb of bandwidth for premium. Downloads from the same IP will count up to two times. Download speed claims to be throttled at around 1MB/s for free download users, but I found mine was capped at 650Kb/s. There is a timer of around 15 seconds as well for anyone choosing the free download option. I didn’t see any fake download buttons or pop-up attempts when I tested it, but please test it for yourself as well.
DropGalaxy lets you pick what they call a “Profit Mode” meaning you can decide how you want to earn your money. You can either earn the bulk of your money from downloads, from users or referrals buying premium or a mix of both.
PPD: 100% earnings from downloads only.
PPS: 65% from premium sales.
Mix: 30% from downloads and 30% from sales.
Earn 5% commission of all referrals’ earnings for life.
You can request a withdrawal at anytime your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount of $10. You may also use your current earnings to upgrade your account to premium. Their minimum withdrawal amount can from as low as $1 to up to $200 depending on your chosen payment processor.
The payout rates are based on the visitor’s country and the size of the file they’re downloading. Visitors must completely download the file for it to count and can’t be using a proxy. Just use these numbers as a rough guide.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 complete downloads*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
DropGalaxy has quite a large selection of payment methods and the minimum withdrawal amount is set to $10.
PayPal, Payeer, WebMoney, Paytm, GooglePay, Bitcoin, IndianBank, UPI and Amazon Gift Card.
Pros and Cons
- Website looks nice and is quite user friendly.
- Supposed to be able to choose how you handle AdBlock users and whether you want pop-up ads enabled for your files. I couldn’t seem to get these options to work.
- AdBlock users aren’t forced to disable it to download your files.
- I saw 0 pop-up ads, fake download buttons or adult ads when I was testing it.
- Many payment methods to pick from.
- Was very easy clicking through the links to get the download link.
- Very fair amount of storage capacity and bandwidth limits.
- Allowed up to two downloads per IP that will still earn you some money.
- Can select your profit mode to better narrow down how you want to earn your money.
- Signing up wasn’t as easy as it should’ve been. I had issues verifying my email and even logging into the account. I could only “log in” by submitting a password reset request and clicking the link they sent “logged” me in, strangely enough.
- Free download was throttled to 650kb/s instead of the 1Mb/s they stated.
- Premium upgrade is expensive.
- Their payout rates aren’t the greatest.
Aside from my troubles creating my account and getting it to log in, I can say that they have fairly decent website once they work out those issues. I won’t say they’re the best PPD solution out there right now, but they definitely are quite above the average I would say. I would recommend you give them a try if you can manage to create an account and log in successfully.
- You’ll need to create a DropGalaxy account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of files you’ll be uploading and sharing. Be sure no files violate their terms of service, copyright or other posted rules. You can upload files such as: your software, videos, guides and more.
- Now you just need to share your files with as many people as possible. It’s recommended to use use social media sites, YouTube, SEO etc.
- (Optional) Shrink your download links with a URL shortener such as Bit.ly, because some people may not click the link if they see a DropGalaxy URL. You may also shrink the download link with your favorite paying URL shortener to earn more.