Some of the links found on this site may be Affiliate Links.
What is DLUpload?
DLUpload is a Pay Per Download (PPD) website that pays you when someone downloads your files. When someone clicks your download link they’re shown some ads, then they download your file and you earn some money. You can earn up to $7 per 1000 downloads and even get money from downloads from the same IP twice per day. If you’re interested and you’ve already read the review, you can sign up here.
Uploading & Storage
Free Accounts: Get ~ 250GB of storage and unlimited download traffic per day. Max file size is limited to 2Gb per file. Files are deleted 60 days after the last download, meaning if your file doesn’t receive a download in 60 days it will be erased. Free downloaders will also have to sit through a 40 second wait timer read the downloading section below.
Premium Accounts: ~$14.99 per month. 1TB of storage and as far as I can tell there isn’t a bandwidth limit. Max file size and file deletion for premium members is unknown as they do not provide much information. You will also receive 10% higher payout rates.
Files may be given unlimited bandwidth for downloads per day, but I can’t confirm this. Downloads form he same person will count twice per day. I tested the download speed and it did not seem to be throttled. Downloading files from DLUpload is quite confusing, let me show you what I mean:
In order to download your file, the visitor will have to:
- Click the “Check Offers” link. *Note* they do not have to complete any surveys/offers, just click the link and close it, but it doesn’t say anywhere that they don’t have to complete an offer. I’d imagine this first step would scare off a large amount of people immediately.
- Now they’ll have to wait 20 seconds and then click “Discover Articles” and wait another 10 seconds. An empty box appeared for me when I clicked it.
- Then the user will have to click “Open Link” which in my case tried to just straight up download some suspicious file to my computer. Oh and they’ll have to wait another 10 seconds.
- Now they complete a simple captcha and can download the file.
The “How to download” video that appears on the download page is just a guy telling the people to just buy premium.
Earn 15% commission of all referrals’ earnings for life plus a $0.01 sign up bonus.
You can request a withdrawal at anytime your earnings reach the minimum withdrawal amount for your preferred payment method. You may also use your current earnings to upgrade your account to premium. Their minimum withdrawal amount is about $5 and they pay weekly.
The payout rates are based on the visitor’s country and the size of the file they’re downloading. Visitors must completely download the file for it to count and can’t be using a proxy. Just use these numbers as a rough guide.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 complete downloads*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
DLUpload has nice selection of payment methods and the minimum withdrawal amount is $5. They also process payments every week on Sunday.
PayPal, WebMoney, Payoneer, Paytm, UPI, Esewa and Bitcoin.
Pros and Cons
- Sign up was painless.
- Weekly payouts with a low minimum withdrawal amount for all methods.
- Nice selection of payment methods.
- Fairly average payout rates.
- Good referral commission rate and a small but welcomed sign up bonus.
- Earn 40% of revenue from any premium sales.
- Download speed did not seem to be throttled, but I cant be sure because my internet isn’t very fast.
- There are some spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, but it isn’t the worst I’ve seen.
- No way to organize files.
- There isn’t a lot of information available on the specifics of their service. This kind of information should definitely be easily accessible for all users.
- Downloading a file is going to be confusing for most of your visitors. Please read the Downloading section above if you haven’t already.
- Users will have to wait 40 seconds in total to download your file.
I really wanted to like DLUpload, really I did, but when I saw how difficult they make downloading files it hurt their chances. I’m sure most people would see the surveys and steps and just click away, now you could get around this by instructing your users on how to download the file. But what really made me decide to not recommend them to everyone is the simple fact that one of the steps to download the file attempted to immediately download a suspicious file. I hope they improve this in the future and if they do I will update this review.
- You’ll need to create a DLUpload account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of files you’ll be uploading and sharing. Be sure no files violate their terms of service, copyright or other posted rules. You can upload files such as: your software, videos, guides and more.
- Now you just need to share your files with as many people as possible. It’s recommended to use use social media sites, YouTube, SEO etc.
- (Optional) Shrink your download links with a URL shortener such as Bit.ly, because some people may not click the link if they see a DLUpload URL. You may also shrink the download link with your favorite paying URL shortener to earn more.