Table of Contents
What is CuT URLs?
CuT URLs is a paying URL shortener that pays the user every time someone clicks on their links. It works likes this, advertisers pay CuT URLs to promote their stuff, you shrink a long URL such as: “http://incomeredefined.com/adfly-review-make-money-sharing-links” to “http://cut-urls.com/uqn2Y“. Then you share the link and once it’s clicked, the advertisement is shown and you get paid a certain amount depending on where they live. If you’re interested, Sign Up Here.
CuT URLs Features
Changes the end of the shortened URL to whatever you want. Ex: http://cut-urls.com/CustomAlias.
CuT URLs Tools
Mass Shrinker: Lets you shrink up to 20 URLs at a time.
Quick Link: Lets you shrink a link without needing to be logged in.
Full Page Script: Lets you shrink all/most of the links on your website.
API: For developers to easily integrate link shrinking into their applications and other projects.
CuT URLs’ statistics are the basic views/earnings model which is pretty much the standard for almost every paying shortener out there.
You may request a withdrawal once you’ve reached the minimum for your payment processor.
You get 35% of every referral’s earnings for life.
Payout rates for URL shorteners are usually mainly based on Unique Visitors, Visitor’s Location, Ad-Blockers, Advertiser Specs/Orders and some other factors. Each URL shortener may handle these factors/policies differently which means your earnings could vary greatly from one URL shortening service to another. As a general rule-of-thumb, you should expect to earn around $0.60 – $2.00 per 1000 views for most URL shorteners. But it is very possible to earn hundreds of dollars from URL shorteners with enough work and effort.
*rates shown above are for every 1000 unique visitors*
You can view all of their rates Here. The rates shown above may have changed since writing this, so be sure and check them for yourself.
1. PayPal (Minimum: $5.00)
2. Bitcoin (Minimum: $5.00)
Unsure if these next options actually work as the only place they’re mentioned is in some small text on the profile page.
3. Payza (Minimum: $5.00)
4. Skrill (Minimum: $5.00)
5. Web Money (Minimum: $5.00)
Pros and Cons
- Visitors don’t have to disable ad-block to use the short links. (Read cons)
- No pop-up or pop-under attempts.
- Getting through the “captcha” and timers is easy.
- No misleading or malicious ads from what I’ve seen.
- Referral commission is the highest I’ve seen from a URL shortener at 35%. (it’s usually 20% or less)
- Decent payout rates.
- Sign-up was easy, no email confirmation required.
- Site comes in four languages.
- Website’s template is basically the same one from shink.in/short.am and others. (Seriously what’s with this… *puts on tin foil hat*)
- Grammar errors and typos here and there. English isn’t there first language, clearly, so I don’t think this is a huge issue.
- Visitors using ad-block do not earn you anything and they aren’t prompted to disable it.
- You have to disable ad-block to use their website.
I am a bit split on whether or not I should recommend using CuT URLs. On one hand, their payout rates are good and the referral commission is very, very nice. On the other hand, their website is basically another clone of short.am/shink.in etc, and they don’t offer any features or tools that better shorteners do. Getting through their “captcha” or lack thereof and countdown timer was very painless. I’ll leave this one up to you, use them or don’t. You may really see the difference in profit, especially if you can get a lot of quality referrals.
- You’ll need to create an CuT URLs account, click here to register.
- Now figure out what kind of links you will be shrinking and how you plan on sharing them. Example: you can shrink links to a funny video or picture and post that link on your social media accounts.
- Paste the long URL in the appropriate area and shrink the URL. Copy and share the new link to start earning.
- (Optional) Shrink your CuT URLs link with another URL shortener such as Bit.ly to hide that your link is a CuT URLs link – increasing the amount of clicks you’ll receive.